Monday, June 14, 2010

Rejectedddd....

Perhaps feeling very unlike a goddess today with my allergies, the intense heat and just life in general (thank you Naa for waking me up at 7 am) is the reason why I want this Alexander Wang one shoulder goddess dress...anyways one can dream...

So rejection...in any shape or form...I have realized I dislike intensely. Obviously human nature has set it up that one usually tries to avoid situations where one thinks they will be setting themselves up for rejection, but sometimes it is inevitable.

Take for instance this wonderful job market that an unemployed individual (such as myself) might find themselves in. Employers have such a wide pool of candidates to select from that you are nobody. Really! But what else can one do? Not apply? Ha! you will be on your own with THAT one...I guess I am a masochist and I am learning to deal with the rejection letters...telling myself its a learning experience...(yeah right).

Now on to dating rejections. Ok no joke those really really hurt. I mean who is going to sit here and tell me that after thinking you are really all that (and trust me underneath it all we all think we are really all that)...someone comes and bursts your bubble. Ok i am the only one who totally thinks it sucks and spends a day (or so) going over every piece of communication with the individual to see where you went wrong? Ok so its just me? *sigh*...Ill call it one of my neurosis. But really guys lets talk. Why is it so hard for men to just tell women to get lost? I mean its not that hard. I think its common courtesy especially after you are the ones who pursue us. I mean if you pursue me and you decide you dont want to anymore doesnt common sense dictate I at least get a peace out? Or better yet a pass fail grade letting me know the areas I am lacking in and how to improve the next time around? No? No? *sigh* a girl can dream...

Anyways the long and short of everything is that rejection sucks. I wish I could show us all a way to avoid it but as I have come to realize its one of those things in life you just have to grin and bear and truly try to learn from (when you learn whatever it is rejection is supposed to teach let me know...and please dont tell me its one of those rejection makes you tougher yadda yadda..i mean a real lesson I can actually draw something useful from).

All jokes aside :)...let us enjoy the moments of rejections for when what we are truly meant to be/enjoy/be with comes along, we might enjoy it all the more because of what we had to endure to get there...

We keep going back, stronger, not weaker, because we will not allow rejection to beat us down. It will only strengthen our resolve. To be successful there is no other way.
Earl G. Graves

No comments:

Post a Comment