Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'd rather be single? Maybe not...

I dare anyone to not call you sharp in this wicked Balmain crystal embellished cotton jacket...half off today and only $ 2250(@ the Outnet.com)...umm how about not?!!! Its still very sick and I still lust for it...

Moving right along...so I have this very bad habit of looking at couples and evaluating simply based on looks if I would be in the girls situation or not. A.k.a. is the guy a hunk or would I rather be single than date him? Well sometimes I look at guys and their girlfriends and think the guy needs an upgrade so I guess I do it to guys and girls. Do you do the same thing?...

Well yesterday I saw a picture of a couple that I was about to copy and send to all my friends (yes they are evil too) so we could have a laugh at the couples expense and something stopped me. First of all how dare I. How can I honestly say I am Christian and without knowing someone simply judge them on the basis of their looks. I felt very contrite and stopped saving the picture. This simple occasion gave me a chance to look back on all those times I have ("haughtily" I might add) dismissed people because they simply did not "look" the part. Don't get me wrong, ooogly is ooogly (extreme ugly) I am not THAT reformed, but this was a case where someone was simply enjoying their wedding occasion and I was going to demean it with my blaise comments.

So are you like me? Do you push out your issues (perhaps insecurities) although in my case I would not label it an insecurity I know what I have and what I am lacking and do not worry too much about what I lack...but others might label this an insecurity...so do you find yourself quick to judge another simply to make yourself feel better? Or are you a better human being than I am in which case I should probably jump off ....my bed...lol yeah I am too cute for suicide try again...

All jokes aside, I learnt an important lesson yesterday that I hope can keep being reinforced in my daily life... I am not the most beautiful, the smartest, the funniest (add any other positive attributes) in the world. Not everyone likes me (which is fine) but I would be hurt (and in the situations this has happened to me, I am hurt) if someone who knows nothing about me chose to make me a laughing symbol simply based on how I looked. I aim to get better about this (Lord help me) but for now I remain a work in progress :) yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment