Thursday, June 17, 2010

Are you motivated? Are you Thankful?

All hail McQueen...R.I.P...This draped dress could cause a lot of trouble in my closet...ahhh...

Moving right along, so someone messed with my head today :(.You know when you are job hunting and get a call thinking its a serious job offer...then upon doing your google homework find out its just one of those insurance call center things? *sigh* Yes you may sigh with me...

I mean I get that the guy on the other line is trying to do his job by suckering in as many desperate people as he can but dude why would you want to put me in your position? This job hunting deal is really got me by my unmentionables. I am so stressed out I spend all day eating (ok ok I admit I would eat all day even if I wasnt stressed out but that is not the point). I am breaking out so much I look like one of those medieval spike instruments ...(thank God for good make up)...But job hunting sucks sucks sucks. Oh and especially when you are an international. I cannot tell you how many times my heart sinks when I think I have found the perfect job and see AMERICAN CITIZENS ONLY or something to that effect. Yes I get that you do not want to spend money and time training someone for them to leave but Mr. America if you dont give me the opportunity then how am i supposed to learn and get better? What is the use of Optional Practical Training (which we are eternally grateful for) if there is nothing to practically train on? But I will not give up hope...despite that insurance person playing with my heart, God is there and it WILL be well :).

Life isnt what i want it to be (not even remotely ...I am supposed to be loved stupidly by a rich and very handsome ambitious man lol) , but despite a lack of this and other things I think my life should entail still I laugh, I smile and I thank God. Why? I thank God because I am single and not in a loveless or even worse an abusive relationship. I thank God that even though I am unemployed I have no major bills or school loans to worry about. I thank God that even though I claim not to have a loved 'one' infact I have several who check up on me constantly and try to make sure I at least laugh once a day ( I love you mummy and daddy). I thank God because even though I may not be able to afford the beautiful clothes I put up (yet) I can still see their beauty. In these times it is so easy for one to get bogged down with all the discouraging things life throws our way. Today I choose to be happy and thank God for giving me the grace to realize that my life is a blessing even if it isnt how I wish for it to be :)...what have YOU thanked God for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment