Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hahahahha...Hes cheating on her...

This Burberry Brit is my new addiction, this is the female version but I am dying over the male one. Go figure. Trust me and go smell it sometime, it will make your toes curl in a good way :). You can find it here.

So I meant to post on this yesterday when I saw it but I got side tracked so I figure today is as good as any to talk about it. So I was doing my usual trolling on websites when I came across a story about Rhianna's new boyfriend Matt Kemp possibly cheating on her. If you want to see the video you can click here or here or even here .(get the point?)

Now anyone who knows me (or who has any sense) knows I abhor cheating. It is inexcusable because you can always tell your partner "hey I am not feeling you anymore lets go our separate ways" but to sit there and know you are desiring someone else or you are being with someone else is just wrong.

I know I have spoken about cheating several times before so no need to rehash it, my point in mentioning it now is that we should stop condoning or ridiculing the people it happens to celebrities or not. I still have to read my US weekly or whichever magazine Camille (Kelsey Grammar's ex wife) is featured on fully. But the one thing I read whilst skimming through is the fact that people think that because these people (celebrities) are rich etc., that means they do not experience pain when they are cheated on. Not true!! They are human beings just like you and me. Yes they can go anywhere they choose to try to get rid of the pain but hey pain is pain is pain.

For all the bloggers who wrote about Matt possibly cheating on Rhianna and made her look like she deserved it SHAME ON YOU. Shame on me too for thinking finally theres something that perfect girl seems not to be able to do so perfect. (Mea culpa). I am not one to sing the praises of celebrities, God knows they have enough yes people to do that, all I am saying is that when something happens, lets not all jump on the bandwagon. (e.g. Bossip highlighting Tony as a dirty dog and his soon to be ex wife Eva as a scorned lover), are these titles really necessary? Let's try to gain more media literacy and lets not be swayed simply by what we read. Celebrities are human beings just like we are, their sins just happen to be broadcast more than ours. I bet if we were followed closely by cameras 247 people would find things to judge us on too. Cheating is not fun nor is it fair if it happens to Oprah, Rhianna, Beyonce, me or you...



No comments:

Post a Comment