Saturday, July 10, 2010

Come closer....I wanna...

I think I love these Sam Edelman "York" Platform pumps...I can see myself throwing them on with a pair of jeans to spice things up, or a nice skirt /dress....*sigh*...

Moving right along :). First of all it is very hard to think/write when one is happy, at least in my case. I am trying to think of deep meaningful things to discuss/write and I can do is sit with a stupid smize/smile on my face thinking about someone :).

Seriously though lets see...ok perfect we can talk about fashion and appropriate and inappropriate fashion for different age groups. Basically this topic has been on my mind since my mom saw me in a short dress and went slightly ballistic...her reasoning? At my age I need to be more (i forget the word she used) but basically no more short skirts blah blah. Now I am a big proponent of the wear what accentuates your assets campaign. If you have it...flaunt it, whatever it may be. For me this it happens to be my chestitisis, my butt and my legs. All outfits of mine cater to some aspect of these "its" unless I happen to be going out with my father in which case a trash bag...sorry a LONG trash bag will suffice! (Yeah he dont play those games!!) Lol...actually hes become more relaxed and my mom has become more uptight with my fashion choices...go figure!

Anyways so yeah usually I flaunt what I have. When I was younger I have to admit my fashion sense was just trashy (Reason 1230405050 I am dreading having a daughter) but as the years have progressed I have tried (key word here being tried) to let my fashion evolve into something that is unique and age appropriate. I love clothes, I love fashion, I love anything to do with fashion (in an alternate life I would be working in the fashion industry) so it truly bugs me when I cant seem to get "things" right. For this year classy is the main theme. Whatever I have on, I want it to look classy and thats my main goal. I think so far so good but Lord give me a job so I can go shopping for some big girl clothes soon.

So (yes my mind is all over the place) but my main point is this. Is there an expiration date on certain styles and fashion? That is, are more people of the school of thought (like my mother) that once you go past 25 short and tight clothes should not be a part of your wardrobe? Or are you of my school of thought which says if you learn/know how to put things together properly then there are no fashion limitations? ...Think about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment