Sunday, October 31, 2010

Says who?...

I have been craving these Timberland Men's Onuma Venetian Driver shoes ever since I got the 411 from a good source that they are amazingly easy to wear and soft like "budder". Yes they are for men (and not unisex). If you want to check them out, they are going for between $79.50 and $99.00 and can be found here.

Ok so its Sunday morning, I am being lazy in my bed waiting for Church time and I decided to update this. The most interesting discussion I have had all week is on the issue of dating a bi-sexual person. According to this article here, Black women (specifically) are missing out on good men because they are (perhaps) too naive to dip out of the typical expected male pool. The article suggests that women (black) be more open into looking at men like Corey who are bi-sexual but are ready to commit and settle down and have kids etc.

In my first reading of this post I was like HELL NO!!! But J raised an important point which is quite logical. The article did say he is ready to be in a committed MF (male female) relationship. If he cheated (with a man or a woman) the who should not be the problem and more the fact that he DID cheat. So in theory and on paper this might actually not be a bad thing. Let's think it out. When we get into relationships, should what our partners have done in the past have merit on our present? Some people like J would say No, leave the past in the past. I say yes, to some extent because some of your actions in the past will tell me who you truly are or have the capacity to be in the future, despite what you tell me now. I know this opens up a whole range of other topics and goes deeper than such a basic question should but it is interesting and useful to have these discussions early to get a sense of what your mate is thinking. Anyways with this discussion J thought if the person had been bi in the past but was no longer and was looking for and wanted to be in a MF relationship then that should be enough and he should not be judged on his past actions.

I nodded a lot in agreement and still said HELL NO!!! Call me naive, twisted, etc. etc. but I refuse to date a man who has ever been screwed (too vulgar? Ok had sex) by another man and that is just my feeling about that. I have no problem with a person and their sexual orientation, you do what you want and you deal with the repercussions be it MM, MF or FF. I think, however, that I should have the right to say No mas when it comes to me and be completely ok with it. I have noticed that sometimes in an effort to please the minority, people are too lax with what they believe in (People can say the same about race, gender, etc., I think they call it politic correctness). My point is, if we argue that Homosexuals and Bi-sexuals should be allowed to date whomever they want., then heterosexuals should be able to date whomever they want as well and be able to say "without being labelled" No thanks ill pass on you even if NOW you are saying you want to bat for the team I like.

I respect Corey because he has the balls (no pun intended) to be completely honest with himself and with however many readers this blog (and subsequent blogs which have written this up) has. What I utterly and truly despise are men who KNOW fully well they are attracted to and want to be with other men and yet get into heterosexual relationships because it is the cultural norm. For those kind of men I have absolutely NO RESPECT!!! You selfish unthoughtful egotistical maniacs really think that putting yourselves above another individual is somehow excusable or should be understandable because "You were scared". How about the woman who has fallen in love with you and given you her all? What about her happiness? What about the children you have brought into the world. Children who did not ASK to be brought into this world. What about your happiness?

I may not know all there is to know about sexuality and sexual orientation blah blah. My faith aside, all I truly know is that love, true love above all things, is sacrificial. If you truly loved someone there is no way you would hurt, deceive, manipulate this other person. Your whole life would be to better this person's existence. So my solution to all this is that people should strive for true love and leave all the other BS behind because it brings nothing but pain. Be true to who you are and you will be blessed by it at the end of the day. At the end of the day, we all know who we love, so let us truly love these people and leave out all the rest.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

Try loving someone above yourself...





No comments:

Post a Comment