Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sometimes it just hurts...but Faith makes it better...


I have been envying girls who can afford to wear low/flat knee hi boots, aka girls with long legs. I like the concept but I usually avoid them because I have a long torso BUT short legs. This baby right here would be so perfect though because it looks flat (comfy) but then it has the extra height in the heel section. There is no way I can afford these babies by Jil Sander but maybe you can. You can find them here, for 50% off their original 1040 price and get them for $540 (as J would say...Ha!)

Moving right along, today's post will be very short. I realize I had not written in awhile so I just decided to drop in a quick note. i have been having a hard time sleeping lately and no it is not because of the work situation, slowly slowly that is getting rectified. My life is pretty much perfect or as close to perfect as I would want it to be. ( Thank you Lord) but there is something just not hanging right with me.

I am reading the news, hearing about peoples situations and this is just troubling my mind. For example this story, how can people be so depraved? For disclaimer purposes, no not everyone in Africa is this demented!!! I used to tease my mother and my grandmother (who passed away exactly 2 years ago today (I miss you mama) ) that they were worry warts who worried for no good reason. As I am getting older (dun dun dun dun) I am realizing that I may have picked up that worry gene! Sigh (come on sigh with me). Seriously though, do you not get just tired hearing the news of the world? One day rape, the next torture, the next suicide, the next homicide, patricide, matricide etc. etc. doesn't it all get to you? I guess the days I feel like this are the days I should not put my Bible down even for a second because the Devil is hard at work in and near me.

As humans we were given the ability to empathize, which we should thank God for but at the same we should not take for granted. We are not God and do not know what plans he has. I feel like asking him why? Why us, why is the world suffering so much, why , why, why and I am just afraid he going to tell me it is because there are not enough people praying to prevent these things from happening.

It is very easy to get bogged down with emotions and frustrations when all one should really do is dust themselves off and dedicate more time to prayer. I have been feeling hellish for the past few days but I am grateful for this insight. I am off to say a few meaningful prayers and even if the rain comes tomorrow, I will be still and know that there still is and always will be a God. :).

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.

2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
Selah

4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.

5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.

6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Selah

8 Come and see the works of the LORD,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.

9 He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear,
he burns the shields with fire.

10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

11 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God
of Jacob is our fortress.




No comments:

Post a Comment