Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Stalkers need love too?

I rarely truly covet something I see on TV or on models but for this I will make an exception. I saw this or a similar chain on a character on TV (Harry from Harry's Law) and I instantly fell in love with-it.I....must....have....one day...*sigh* I am not even going to find the price and where you can get it at so no one else can go get it. If I suffer you must suffer too...plain and simple.

Alrighty then, we are not going to look at lovers and friends (Luda) , but rather stalkers and friends.

Ok so show of hands how many of you have stalked someone in the hopes of them finally realizing that you are the one for them and getting with you. Come on don't be shy now...show me :). Ok now I know you, I am judging you... Who does that? Ok so it may not be your fault completely. I know there are still some psycho's ( both men and women) who believe that constant attention is the way to show you care. For the rest of us sane people, however, this is a huge turn off. You simply look pathetic (male or female).

So what do you do when you really really really really want the other person and they cannot seem to see how great you two are together blah blah blah. I say let it go. Truly, anything that is for you will return to you. If you are working too hard to keep something then the minute you slack it will leave. Is that how you truly want to spend your whole life or your whole experience of knowing someone? I do not know about you but that seems very close to HELL!!!!

Relationships, platonic or not are two way streets. You both need to give and you both need to get. No one can convince me that they alone can carry a relationship, otherwise, you would not need the other person IN the relationship. You need to have trust, understanding, caring all these little elements dripping into a big pool of LOVE or even LIKE or even RESPECT.

Stalking or being present all the time does nothing. Trust me I tried it before. See I know your thought pattern. It goes something like this... If I am constantly there then the person cannot forget about me. Not! If you are constantly there you constantly remind the person why they dont want to be with you or why they left you. There is no time for them to miss you (which often works better). Leave some mystery, some intrigue. Let THEM think about you for a change, how about that? Stalking or being constantly present isn't a way or a form of love, it is simply selfishness and all about control. You want to control how that person feels for you because YOU say they should like you or love you. You think You are the right one for the person and want to drill it into their heads. How is that love? Love is not selfish. Acting this way just reinforces to the other person that you are someone not to be with. I know I would not want to be with someone who wants to control how I should feel about them, be gone!!!! True love does not have rigid expectations.

I am sure we have all heard of the phrase, familiarity breeds contempt, the more you bug someone by always being around especially when they don't want you around, the more they despise you. It really is that simple. I like to kill hope when it needs to die so you need a friend like me around all the time :). I have been through it, been the stalkee and the stalker so I can appreciate both sides of the coin. That is why I am telling you today, let the person go. Anyone who wants your attention THAT much cannot be a stable person and why do you want to be with a non-stable person?

Ultimately it comes down to this. How much respect and love do YOU have for YOURSELF? If you have respect then there is no way you will allow someone else to disrespect you (duh). What I mean is if you have respect then you will know when you truly going above and beyond and bordering on being a stalker. If you love yourself then you will know you are worthy of love back and love does not tell you get lost and mean it. Wait for the right person in your life and stop trying to make everyone the right person, you will end up missing YOUR right person when they come. I almost made that mistake and now when I think of the time I wasted with the other person I want to kick myself (a lot). I know I am living the cliche now so if I can, so can you. WAIT for YOURS and dont settle in the mean time for someone who might just "do".

Do not snoop through the person's info even if you have their passwords, do not go badmouthing them to their friends, do not go adding their friends on Myspace. Twitter or Facebook to keep track of them, do not move closer to them, etc. etc. Let them go and truly believe that the person you are meant to be (maybe this person, maybe not) will come around soon. Stop expending energy to keep something that is not yours. I do not appreciate nor respect stalking or any situation where someone tries to manipulate another into a reaction or feeling. If someone says they do not want to be with you, respect yourself enough to let them go.

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.


No comments:

Post a Comment