Tuesday, February 22, 2011

How Worthless are you?

I don't know about you, but I need to become intimately acquainted with this dress. *Swoon* I love love love absolutely love everything about it. Its a Julien Mcdonald Green silk-blend satin halterneck corseted gown with a Swarovski-embellished bust. You know they had me at Swarovski...sigh...its going for $1323 so if you want it, click here. I will just keep dreaming and keeping hope alive. So one of my friends actually motivated me to write this piece today. He was going on about my lack of love (*side eye*) and how he thought I needed a man to "marry me and give me little once" (yes I copied and pasted exactly as it was typed :)) because I was getting too old. Maybe if I hadn't just woken up and it wasn't a good day I might have reflected on what he had said and felt bad about myself. Being a good day, however, I just put everything he said back on him, and came to vent on behalf of any other female who hears and does not appreciate this.

Can we ever be enough for other people? Think about it, from the time you are born it seems as if expectations are all you can "expect" from the world. You are expected to "act" like a boy or a girl, expected to get good grades, be a good child etc. etc. Then you grow up and think ok I am my own boss now, but it really isn't the case is it? People expect you to be in a relationship. If you are single there has to be something wrong with you. (More females than males.) Fine you get into a relationship, then you are expected to take it to the next level. You take it to the next level and get married, and you are expected to take that to the next level. Ok you take it to the next level and have a kid and again you are expected to take it to the next level. You have another kid and then the next level. You get judged for the kids you had, your job, your friends etc. etc. etc. and people start expecting things from your kids and the cycle begins all over again. Its no wonder people are so crazy these days.

Can we just catch our breaths please? I am truly sick and tired of others projecting what it is one should or should not be doing at any point in their life. Females get this more I think. Men think they can always do what they want and then when they are ready to settle down, find a younger female and live the life. I hate to disappoint you, but as my mother once said, women may have a sell by date but men have an expiration date. Stop telling me what I should be doing in my life and focus on your own. If more people focused on their own lives instead of others the world would be a better place.

No I am not married and I do not have any children. I do not care what age you think women should be married by. I do not care how hard it will be for me to have kids at a certain age. You did not create me and do not know my purpose in life. What will be will be and the rest I leave it up to God. I am sick of women thinking that they have to do what other people say and I am sick that for one second I actually felt bad about myself for not being married or having children "at a particular age" or "because I am growing old". I do not want any woman or man to ever feel like they are worthless in terms of not living up to the expectations society wants to set for them. Marriage may be the be all end all for some of you, but other people may not necessarily agree. I do not want a pretty wedding and an ugly marriage and I (and everyone else) should refuse to as Nike says "just do it" because you HAVE to. (*side eye*). Good things come to those who wait, so for some of us we choose to be fashionably late! If you are living your life and you are happy then don't let anyone else tell you NADA!!!

Live your life, find things that make and keep you happy and pray. Keep God first and he will keep you through all things. To that unemployed person who keeps applying for jobs and keeps getting rejected and whose friends refuse to empathize and rather judge them for always being "broke" don't mind what people say, keep applying. To that person who is working more than 1 job to make sure they can afford things for their children, live your life don't care about what they say about you or your children. To that person who wants so badly to be with someone and yet has not found the right person for you, don't care about what they say keep believing. To that person who thinks they have to compromise who they are to get somewhere in life, do what you want to, don't care what they say. To everyone and anyone who has ever felt misjudged, do not let others insecurities about THEIR lives impact your life. I hope I have never made anyone feel worthless or as if they are not living to their full potential. If I have my sincerest apologies. Life is hard enough without feeling judged by your peers, your lovers and your friends. Keep doing what it is you are doing and keep praying about it, in God's time, by his will he will make all things well and beautiful :).

Receive God's compassion and you will be able to be compassionate. Do not receive negative judgment from God, and you will not be judgmental yourself. Do not condemn and you will not be condemned. Give and it shall be given to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment