Monday, January 3, 2011

Better late than never, never late is even better I know...sigh 2011

Happy New Year and shush... I know its belated, but like I said better late than never ...:) Yes you are wondering why there is a broken heart up in the corner and not something that I am lusting after. Well because it is time to tackle some bad habits of 2010 and leave or kick them back into 2010 and start afresh in 2011. The things I lust after will be back in future posts, for now this heart represents all the old hurts, old negativity, anything old and bad which broke me is in that heart.

Before we go any further I have to take time out and break things down for people who may not know me well enough to know how I tick and tock. Before we do this, I have to give you some background on myself. In my culture, it is thought that names are very important, so choosing names for children is usually a big deal. Usually children are named after very important people, or people whose attributes you are hoping your child picks up. Fortunately or unfortunately for me, some of my names come from big hearted no nonsense women. My grandmother and great grandmother. As a result, when I care, I will try my hardest to make sure I help you avoid hurt and pain and when I dont care, I dont. It is pretty simple.

In the past, this overcaring nature of mine has gotten me into trouble with friends who have thought I was going above and beyond, e.g. in the past if I saw your boyfriend with another woman, you best believe I was going to come tell you about it (sighh i know i know NOW) anyways yeah so after going through dealing with other people and their frustrations and constantly being shot as the messenger I decided no more.

I have come to realize that I cannot live anyone else's life for them and it is not fair for me to try to. There are things that have happened to me to make me the person I have become today, people need to go through painful experiences to build thick skins. Thus for 2011 if it isnt about ME, then it really is not about me! Instead of being shot as the messenger, I am going to pray for everyone who needs it and leave the rest.

What are YOU leaving in 2010? There are so many people who make so much noise about the new year, as if when the year comes around everything becomes new. Nothing will change if you do not change yourself. If you keep treating yourself like hell then how the hell do you expect everyone else not to do the same? A doormat is a doormat!! I have already talked about how you should take control of your finances etc. so I will not go over it again.

I will say, however, that we all have this ONE life to live with no assurance as to when it will end. When it DOES end do you really want to know you wasted ONE second of it on nonsense? Why do people always wait till a near death experience to make the changes they need to make in their lives? I challenge you not to wait till then, make a positive change in your life NOW!!! Its 2011...make every minute count starting ....NOW!!!!!

Dear God,

You know me better than anyone else, my innermost turmoil and my innermost secrets. I want to be better, I want to be for you, I need a change in my life, I need you more. Please be with me and all my loved ones in 2011, in everything let my constant prayer be that your will be done. Thank you for everything you have blessed me with. I love you and want to love you more, be with me.

Just think,
you're here not by chance,
but by God's choosing.
His hand formed you
and made you the person you are.
He compares you to no one else.
You are one of a kind.
You lack nothing
that His grace can't give you.
He has allowed you to be here
at this time in history
to fulfill His special purpose
for this generation.

Its 2011, lets make a difference....

No comments:

Post a Comment