Monday, August 16, 2010

Till "irreconcible differences" do us part....

I have no idea how much this ring costs, nor do I care. (yeah Naa just gave me a *cyber side eye with a hint of child please*)Sigh...I really did not look it up, I simply put in the keyword ring...:) would I ever lie to you? Anyways this ring seemed appropriate for today's topic. (and no I am not hinting (yet*)...On we go.

So :)...it seems to be wedding season for my family, with one of my female cousins getting married soon. She is truly one of the most beautiful people (inside and out) so everyone has nothing but well wishes and happiness for her. Now the problem isnt with her (no Bridezillaisms (yet) but more with other people around. As with weddings, everyone ELSE has started to look around at the other single/non married people and *wondering out loud* when their turn is.
*Sigh* I have learned quickly how to deflect the topic from when I am walking down the aisle...which is always preceded by "ummm so how old are you again"...(I am older than said cousin and so technically I should have been married before blah blah) *side eye* Marriage is not a competition and I look pretty good for my age!!!! Anyhoos...

I am lucky that my family (mom, dad, brothers) are not all up in my face about dating, marriage etc. but meeting such people makes me wonder about women who are not so fortunate and are being "harassed" to get married (I know people who seem to have an expiry date as to when they NEED to get married. (which I think is wrong) ). How do YOU cope with wedding seasons and how do you get yourself out of the "what am I doing wrong funk?" :) I just eat. ( I keed, I keed) I simply ask said people if they have any sons and if I can marry them since they are so intent on me being married :).

I think before most people (i.e., society a.k.a people who will not stop bugging single or not married couples) worry about the wedding (ooohing and aaahing or criticizing everything that was done wrong) , people should worry more about the actual marriage. I think that is the problem with most couples. Everyone seems to want the glitz and glamor (the ring and party) but when the lights go out and everyone goes home, who are you left alone with and do you even like this person?

No this is not going to be another post about how all men are bad and how every woman wants a good man blah blah (since some women do not seem to want to settle down which is completely fine and good). But for those that want to, seriously, guys, whats your problem? I need to know!!!!!! There are too many successful men out there "claiming" to want successful relationships and yet expecting their mates to go through hoops to "catch" them. Aden? (Why?)...Is it because of your 90-120k salary job? Or your perfectly man-scaped face? Your metro-sexual wardrobe or maybe those 1 in a 1000 lambskin boots you own? Yes there are thirsty, gold digging women out there but there are some good women too who just want to find that one they can give their all to. Work together in unison to complement the other. (Is that too much to ask for?)*Disclaimer* Again to the women who do not "need/want" a man kudos to you and this is not your battle. I am talking on behalf of the other women who say they want to share their life with a mate (nothing about needing or wanting...its their choice). Now back to what I was saying...

Weddings make one see (or at least think) all the good men in the world aren't finished (we hope), but at the same time it should remind us all that a relationship is ultimately between two people, i.e., between you and him/her. I do not know about you but I am not at the age or mental place to engage in any "see how far" relationships. If at this age you have not realized what it is you want, that's fine, however, I know what I want and a "how far" relationship is definitely not it.

My uncle, (a very very wise man) in advising me about relationships and marriage told me the following. *Disclaimer* it is very deep so read carefully.
"Marriage (a true or "perfect" one is when two people get together to become one,(compromises and all) AND YET, their individual selves are more evident (they get to know themselves more) in that becoming ONE." Let me rephrase, in marriage your two is supposed to become a one, but in a good marriage, you realize that the one you have become instead of diminishing you with compromises which will restrict you, rather builds and encourages you to become a better person to enrich the one more than the two individual ones will ever have done on their own. Isn't that just deep? and if you don't get it...*sigh* ...just trust me, its deep.

I am the last person to ask about dating and relationships since I am a work in progress myself, but at this point I know what I know and want and to say anything else would be lying to myself and to my mate. I have not been to enough weddings yet to hate going to weddings so I am going to thoroughly enjoy this wedding in celebration of the beautiful person my cousin ultimately is. For anyone who is interested in asking why I havent found Mr. Right, why there is no ring on my left hand fourth finger, why I have no date to said wedding and why why why ...I only have this to say....
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:5,6)

In everything I pray my prayer always remains..."Thy will be done" whenever you will it, however you will it :)...

No comments:

Post a Comment