Monday, September 20, 2010

Your just like a pill, instead of making me better, you keep making me ill...

I am not a big make up buff...i.e., I usually do not know what works well with other peoples skins etc. etc. I know what I need and that's about it. Up until I visited a friend who is a make up artist, I had no clue I actually needed a make up bag and have make up brushes etc. Anyways she educated me and to help me along my merry way, she gave me this YSL Gold celebration make up palette. I haven't used the eye shadows much but when I do, they really "pop" so if you want something that will pop and (I think its organic if I am not mistaken), then invest in a YSL eye shadow palette.

Moving right along. Last week was a roller coaster one for me. I was euphoric about the possibility of finally getting a job, and then depressed when the job was taken or I was not a good enough fit. It also probably did not help that I was pmsing. That week is over, however, and we are on to the next one. We hope this week brings better things :).

So I was going through my phone, cleaning out the junk messages etc. when I happened to look into my spam inbox and find a missed call from my "enabler". Now before we even go into details lets back track and discuss who an enabler is to you.

My definition of an enabler(negative) is someone who allows, permits, condones certain behaviors of mine that I know are not behaviors I should indulge in. He is the one who wants to come over and "just talk" with several bottles of wine. She is the one who always invites me to the mall or sends me "wonder" sale links. He is the one who wants me to believe that men and women can be friends and that includes "just sleeping" together in the same bed. *Side eye* You are starting to think about your own enabler(s) aren't you?

Good, now moving now. So I am cleaning my phone out and see a missed call or rather a spammed call from my enabler. A spammed call? Yes, Google voice has this amazing feature where you can block a number. A feature that normal cellphone companies do not have. With this feature, I can and have blocked all my enablers, this one included. What happens is that when this blocked person calls, they get a wrong message and go into your spam. They don't get hurt feelings, you do not know they called unless you check your spam.

So I see my spammed missed call from my enabler. This particular one, is a smooth talker. He is also very married and every time he has tried something and I have called him out on it, he swears he is just joking and we can be "just friends". *side eye* He usually spoils me with my first love (food) and that's how he sets me up every time. Pray for me!
I was very tempted to call him back...visions of all the food I could eat and all the good wine I could imbibe oh so tempted me. But I resisted the urge. Want to know why?

It is pretty simple. When we give in to these enablers, essentially we do it at a risk to our happiness in the long run. Enablers are here to serve one purpose and one purpose alone. They work to take your eye off the prize. Every time I have dealt with my enablers, the one thing I realize is that they take me further away from what I hope to achieve. When I regain my senses, I am further away from what I wanted to be than before and then I have to trek back. *ugh* It is not worth it.

Just say No to enablers. Do not listen to that friend who tells you to give up on your dreams and that you are too old to do something or anything. Do not pay any mind to your family or friends who laugh at your dreams of finding a perfect mate. Do not ever settle for second best because at this point in the game, no one of class is "checking" for you. Stop listening to those stupid recruiters that tell you to take the lower paying job and to stop applying because the economy is hard and that's all you will get. Stop getting with the man who will not treat you like a queen. Quit that toxic woman who only wants to nag and fight.
These are all examples of negative enablers, people who want you to believe that less than the best is all you are worth and all you can look forward to.

My enabler is pitiful to me now because everything he purports to offer, I know if I am patient and faithful I will get. I do not need to mess with a married man. If that is how I aim to get (and stay) happy in life (through messing with a married man), then God help me because my life is going to be very sad. I am very happy that even though I was slightly tempted, I did not succumb. Not paying attention to him and deleting his number again gave me great satisfaction.

Do not let your enablers distract you from your greater goal. You can do whatever it is you want to do with prayers and supplications. God is the one who decides your coming and your going, all you need to do is ask him and he says he will supply it. Let's quit these short cut people and be ready and willing to put in hard work to get where we want to be and where we know we ought to be. Pray pray pray and at the appropriate time, in the appropriate place it will come to be :).

1 Cor. 6:9-12

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. “All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be enslaved by anything.

To my enabler...Ive already got someone to "Hang with me" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment